Friday, February 15, 2008

1 Year Ago...

It was one year ago today that a judge in Ethiopia finally issued the adoption decree, thereby making Yosef and Mihret my very own. 18 months of absolute anguish and uncertainty finally ended with perhaps the most beautiful news I have ever received. I'll never forget the moment I found out. I was shopping in a Salvation Army store, anxiously awaiting news. I had been on the phone off and on all day with Avery and other families who were awaiting news of their courtdates. One of the mothers who unfortunately did not have a courtdate that day called me on my cell to tell me that she had just seen on the agency yahoo group that our kids passed court! I cannot even begin to describe what a relief it was to know that these children were finally ours! What an even bigger relief it was to finally have them in my arms once more...and when we stepped foot out of the airport back in DC and were finally all together on American soil...wow! God turned our faith into sight. What a wonderful day indeed.

3 comments:

lcm0709 said...

Wow, it goes so fast. A lot has happened in a year. Congratulations on one year home!

Laura
www.nosmallfeat.typepad.com

cathy said...

I remember that day SO well. I am so happy to have an entire year go by for your family. Nothing heals like time. Glad you're all doing so well.

Elizabeth F. said...

Did you guys have a party to celebrate? Congratulations!