Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ethiopia Needs our Prayers

I post so infrequently on this blog that I'm not sure if I even have any readers any more. But, if I do, I hope that you will join me in praying for Ethiopia. We've been hearing in the news that Ethiopia is only receiving electricity for 3-4 days each week. The government is saying that lack of rain is making it impossible for Ethiopia's hydroelectric power plant to operate and produce electricity for the people. The bigger problem though is that teff and rice and food in general have drastically increased in price. I received an email this morning from a very dear Ethiopian family that has become like our own family. They told me that there is just not enough food or money. Our family is immediately going to wire them money of course. But that doesn't solve the problem. So, please be in prayer for this nation that is so dear to my heart and the hearts of many other families.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Heather, I'm still reading! And I am joining with you in praying for Ethiopia.

Lori said...

Heather,
I just saw your blog for the first time. I saw your video on someone's blog. What an amazing video. You have a beautiful family. Our dossier has been in Ethiopia for over 5 months. We are waiting for a referral for a 0-24 month child either sex. Check our family out at laughners.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

You are an amazing person. I wish that someday I can get my husband to adopt a child. I had a hysterectomy at 29 and no children. I want children more than life itself. You are truly blessed to have such a beautiful family.

Summer Chris and Kai said...

Hi, I found your blog through a link of blogs, and I LOVE reading it :)
I hope you don't mind. My Husband and I have just sent in our applications to adopt through Ethiopia, we are SO excited.
-Summer