Sunday, July 30, 2006

Hezen Baird Lebs- "Baby Blanket"


This is the hezen baird lebs (baby blanket) I made for a very dear friend who just had a tiny little baby boy. I got the idea from an adoption group on Yahoo and I sort of adapted the idea for this gift. I asked the friends and family of my friend to each give me a 6x6 inch square of fabric to be quilted into a baby blanket. Some people chose cute little "baby prints" while other selected fabrics that were significant in a personal way. Each person was then supposed to attatch a piece of the same fabric to a card for the baby, wishing him blessings, prayers, etc. That way, the giver of each square can be identified. I worked day and night for almost a week to finish the blanket in time (the baby came early!), and in the end, it was all worth it just to see how much my dear friend was touched by the gift.

1 comment:

5KidMom said...

Beautiful work, and so kind!!