Thursday, May 10, 2007

Pray For Lucas

Dear Family and Friends,

As some of you already know, our 5 year old son Lucas was burned quite badly last night. He is in the UNC Burn Center at Chapel Hill near Raleigh. We will know more later today after the doctor sees him. At first estimate, we were told that he had 2nd and some 3rd degree burns on 20 percent of his body. They have since downgraded it to 11 percent. Praise God, his face head, and neck did not receive any burns. Please pray that infection does not set in and we are also asking God for there to be no scaring. We're also asking that you pray for our other kids, as it was quite a bad situation with lots of screaming and Amharic flying around when it happened as we were all trying to know what to do. Avery was at the store when it happened and I left the other three kids with a neighbor without sayin goodbye to them or anything. I definitely think it was too soon to leave Yosef and Mihret overnight, but God will be faithful to them. They are in the good hands of a very dear friend right now and I know she will watch over them as her own. I will keep you updated.

Thank you,
Heather

10 comments:

Life in Fitzville said...

Big, big prayers going out!

Anonymous said...

Heather and Avery, we are lifting Lucas and your entire family up in prayer.

Domestic Goddess said...

Praying!

Ethiopiana said...

Heather,
I will be praying.
Lisa

Jenn said...

(((heather))) i am so very sorry. we are praying for peace for you and avery and minimal pain for lucas.

The H Land said...

I am calling out to the Lord in prayer for Lucas and your entire family. God will take care of all of you.

-Angela

Anonymous said...

I am keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers!

Lucinda

Brianna Heldt said...

Praying for your precious son. I am so sorry! God will take care of him!

5KidMom said...

Praying without ceasing!!

Anonymous said...

I will be praying!